The structure of the drug therapy prescription to cardiac patients during the primary care: the lessons of the OZIRKA study
Keywords:lipid metabolism disorders, hypercholesterolemia, treatment, rosuvastatin
The structure of prescriptions of cardiac drugs by the primary care physicians has remained unknown for a long time. We decided to use the data of the OZIRKA study, which aimed to investigate the effect of Ozalex (rosuvastatin) on lipid and cholesterol levels in patients with lipid metabolism disorders and hypercholesterolemia, and to assess the structure of prescriptions in real clinical practice, as well as the effectiveness of cardiovascular risk factors monitoring. We sincerely hope that the data we have obtained will optimize the treatment plan for primary care patients, improve their prognosis and survival, and provide the practitioner with evidence of the safety and efficacy of rosuvastatin that can be transferred to routine clinical practice.
Vasudevan A.R., Hamirani Y.S., Jones P.H. Safety of statins: effects on muscle and the liver. Cleve Clin. J. Med. 2005 Nov. 72(11). 990-3, 996-1001.
Tobert J.A., Newman C.B. Statin tolerability: In defence of placebo-controlled trials. Eur. J. Prev. Cardiol. 2016. 23(8). 891-896.
Cai T., Abel L., Langford O., Monaghan G., Aronson J.K., Stevens R.J. et al. Associations between statins and adverse events in primary prevention of cardiovascular disease: systematic review with pairwise, network, and dose-response meta-analyses. BMJ. 2021. 374. n1537.
Doumas M., Imprialos K., Dimakopoulou A., Stavropoulos K., Binas A., Athyros V.G. The Role of Statins in the Management of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Curr. Pharm. Des. 2018. 24(38). 4587-4592.
Katsiki N., Mikhailidis D.P., Mantzoros C.S. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and dyslipidemia: An update. Metabolism. 2016 Aug. 65(8). 1109-23.
Knuuti J. et al. ESC Scientific Document Group, 2019 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of chronic coronary syndromes: The Task Force for the diagnosis and management of chronic coronary syndromes of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). European Heart Journal. 2020. Vol. 41. Issue 3. P. 407-477.
Zhang X.J., Qin J.J., Cheng X. et al. In-Hospital Use of Statins Is Associated with a Reduced Risk of Mortality among Individuals with COVID-19. Cell. Metab. 2020 Aug 4. 32(2). 176-187.e4.
Сіренко Ю.М., Торбас О.О., Кушнір С.М. Субаналіз дослідження ОЗІРКА: ефективність препарату Озалекс (розувастатин) у пацієнтів із цукровим діабетом. Артеріальна гіпертензія. 2021. Т. 14 (№ 2). С. 30-38.
Balkrishnan R., Phatak H., Gleim G. et al. Assessment of the use of angiotensin receptor blockers in major European markets among paediatric population for treating essential hypertension. J. Hum. Hypertens. 2009. 23. 420-425.
Bryan W. et al. ESC Scientific Document Group / 2018 ESC/ESH Guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension: The Task Force for the management of arterial hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Society of Hypertension (ESH). Eur. Heart J. 2018. Vol. 39. Issue 33. P. 3021-3104.
Cosentino F. et al. ESC Scientific Document Group / 2019 ESC Guidelines on diabetes, pre-diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases developed in collaboration with the EASD: The Task Force for diabetes, pre-diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD). Eur. Heart J. 2020. Vol. 41. Issue 2. P. 255-323.
Наказ Міністерства охорони здоров’я від 24 травня 2012 року № 384 «Про затвердження та впровадження медико-технологічних документів зі стандартизації медичної допомоги при артеріальній гіпертензії».
Toutouzas K., Drakopoulou M., Markou V., Karabelas I., Vaina S., Vavuranakis M., Tsiamis E., Tsioufis C., Androulakis A., Stefanadis C. Correlation of systemic inflammation with local inflammatory activity in non-culprit lesions: beneficial effect of statins. Int. J. Cardiol. 2007 Jul 31. 119(3). 368-73.
Heymann E.P., Kassimatis T.I., Goldsmith D.J. Dyslipidemia, statins, and CKD patients outcomes — review of the evidence in the post-sharp era. J. Nephrol. 2012 Jul-Aug. 25(4). 460-72.
Hong K.S., Lee J.S. Statins in Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Systematic Review. J. Stroke. 2015 Sep. 17(3). 282-301.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.