Do We Always Prescribe Life-Saving Medicines to Our Patients, or Indications for Statin Therapy and Statin Administration in Actual Practice (Based on the СИСТЕМА Study)
Keywords:statins, arterial hypertension, office blood pressure, lipid-lowering therapy
The article presents the results of the СИСТЕМА study, which analyzed the prescriptions of statins to the patients with hypertension, who sought help from a cardiologist in the out-patient hospital. It was found that in actual clinical practice, there is an underestimation of the risk for the patient by doctors and the possibility to improve prognosis using statins. Most often, but less frequently than they should, cardiologists prescribe statins to the patients with myocardial infarction. In the presents of a history of stroke, diabetes mellitus, chronic kidney disease or high blood pressure, statins are being prescribed by a cardiologist in less than half of the patients.
CCT Collaboration // Lancet. — 2015. — 385. — 1397-405.
Taylor F., Ward K., Moore T.H. et al. // Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. — 2011. — 1. — CD004816.
Colhoun H.M., Betteridge D.J., Durrington P.N. et al. Оn behalf of the CARDS investigators. Primary prevention of cardiovascular desease with atorvastatin in type 2 diabetes in the Collaborative Atorvastatin Diabetes Study (CARDS): multicenter randomized placebo-controlled trial // Lancet. — 2004. — 364. — 685-96.
Athyros V.G., Mikhailidis D.P., Papageorgiou A.A. et al. The effect of statins versus untreated dyslipidaemia on renal function in patients with coronary heart disease. A subgroup analysis of the Greek atorvastatin and coronary heart disease evaluation (GREACE) study // J. Clin. Pathol. — 2004. — 57(7). — 728-734.
Коваленко В.М. Проблеми здоров’я і медичної допомоги та модель покращення в сучасних умовах: Посібник. — К., 2016.
Лапач С.Н., Чубенко А.В., Бабич П.Н. Статистические методы в медико-биологических исследованиях с использованием Exel. — К.: Морион, 2001.
Stone N.J. et al. 2013 ACC/AHA Blood Cholesterol Guideline.
Catapano et al. 2016 ESC/EAS Guidelines for the Management of Dyslipidaemias // European Heart Journal. — 2016.
Стабільна ішемічна хвороба серця: Адаптована клінічна настанова, заснована на доказах. — 2016.
Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study Group. Randomized trial of cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease: the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S) // Lancet. — 1994. — 344. — 1383-1389.
American Diabetes Association. Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes — 2016 // The Journal оf Clinical аnd Applied Research аnd Education. — 2016.
Am. J. Kidney Dis. — 2002. — 39(2 suppl. 1). — 818.
Copyright (c) 2017 HYPERTENSION
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.